Search This Blog

Shadow in the Sea

Readers will return to Windwaithe Island once again. When sixteen-year-old Sadelyn Hanson washes up on the shores of Windwaithe Island, her beauty and the strange marks on her wrist make superstitious locals suspect she is a mermaid. Feigning amnesia, Sade hides a far worse secret: she was sailing to her own murder trial when she was thrown overboard by the real killer, the cunning and cruel Captain Westwood.

Sade's quiet effort to rebuild her life on the island is threatened when she meets an actual young merman. Unable to speak his language, Sade still longs for the warm companionship he offers, despite the locals' dire legends about merfolk and their dark magic. But her confused feelings for the impossible boy become the least of her problems when Captain Westwood's ship docks at Windwaithe. With nowhere to escape, Sade must trust in the one person who doesn't fear the merfolk. A woman who had dealings with them herself—years ago

Sunday, May 30, 2010

I Love A Good Challenge

A debut author's best friend is "google alerts". That is how I know when ever someone writes anything about Forbidden Sea on the internet. Without it I couldn't keep on top of who is saying what about my book.

Today I found this fun Summer reading challenge on the Life After Jane book blog. The one thing I miss most about living in California (where I grew up) is not having the beaches around, especially during the Summer. When you read Forbidden Sea you will find my life long love affair with the ocean in my discriptions of the sea. The wonder and beauty of the ocean lingers in my heart even though I live far away from it now. The beach always held a magic and romance for me that has never left. So here is a Summer reading challenge that takes after my own heart. You have to read ten books that have a water theme before the end of the Summer! Since I will not be able to get down and visit California's beaches this year--I guess this is the next best thing. If you are feeling up for a challenge, feel free to click on the link above and join in the fun!

P.S. Forbidden Sea counts!

1 comment:

Raspberry said...

oh p.s. I'm doing this challenge as well. :)


(c) 2010 Sheila A. Nielson

Status Counter

Disclaimer

The ideas and views expressed in this blog reflect only those of Sheila A. Nielson and no other persons, companies, or business entities.