Search This Blog

Shadow in the Sea

Readers will return to Windwaithe Island once again. When sixteen-year-old Sadelyn Hanson washes up on the shores of Windwaithe Island, her beauty and the strange marks on her wrist make superstitious locals suspect she is a mermaid. Feigning amnesia, Sade hides a far worse secret: she was sailing to her own murder trial when she was thrown overboard by the real killer, the cunning and cruel Captain Westwood.

Sade's quiet effort to rebuild her life on the island is threatened when she meets an actual young merman. Unable to speak his language, Sade still longs for the warm companionship he offers, despite the locals' dire legends about merfolk and their dark magic. But her confused feelings for the impossible boy become the least of her problems when Captain Westwood's ship docks at Windwaithe. With nowhere to escape, Sade must trust in the one person who doesn't fear the merfolk. A woman who had dealings with them herself—years ago

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Mother Daughter Book Club


I was invited to come as a guest speaker to a local mother daughter book club last week. They chose Forbidden Sea to be their book this month. It was one of the loveliest experiences of my life. When I came into the hostess’ house, her daughter was in the living room playing Under the Sea from the little mermaid on her very own harp. It was beautiful! What a talented young lady. My favorite part of the evening was when the moms and their daughters went around and told me their favorite part of the story. This was my first chance to really talk to actual readers in my target audience and find out what they felt as they read my book. The girls were adorable and the mom’s were amazing. I got much more out of the experience than they did, I’m sure. What an honor.

2 comments:

Alex Bennett from Electrifying Reviews said...

I saw the finished copy of Forbidden Sea this weekend! It is so pretty!

Sheila A. Nielson said...

Thanks Alex, I thought the final cover was rather pretty myself. :)


(c) 2010 Sheila A. Nielson

Status Counter

Disclaimer

The ideas and views expressed in this blog reflect only those of Sheila A. Nielson and no other persons, companies, or business entities.