Search This Blog

Shadow in the Sea

Readers will return to Windwaithe Island once again. When sixteen-year-old Sadelyn Hanson washes up on the shores of Windwaithe Island, her beauty and the strange marks on her wrist make superstitious locals suspect she is a mermaid. Feigning amnesia, Sade hides a far worse secret: she was sailing to her own murder trial when she was thrown overboard by the real killer, the cunning and cruel Captain Westwood.

Sade's quiet effort to rebuild her life on the island is threatened when she meets an actual young merman. Unable to speak his language, Sade still longs for the warm companionship he offers, despite the locals' dire legends about merfolk and their dark magic. But her confused feelings for the impossible boy become the least of her problems when Captain Westwood's ship docks at Windwaithe. With nowhere to escape, Sade must trust in the one person who doesn't fear the merfolk. A woman who had dealings with them herself—years ago

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Final Book Cover and Story Summary

I recieved a sneak peak at the final version of the whole dust jacket for Forbidden Sea. (Front and back.) I LOVE the design! The color is this deep aquamarine blue-green. There are gold foil designs edging the sides. On the front flap is this description:

"When, one stormy night, a mermaid comes to take Adrianne Keynnman’s sister, Cecily, down into the depths of the sea, Adrianne knows she must fight with every ounce of her strength to protect her little sister. On land, Adrianne toils away, trying to eke out a living for her mother, sister, and aunt, after a tragic accident stole her father. Now, life takes a strange and frightening turn as Adrianne’s dreams are filled with the mermaid’s singing."

There was more, but I felt it gave away too much of the story so I'm not going to put the rest of it here. I just wish I didn't have to wait another year for everyone else to see it.

11 comments:

Rebecca Herman said...

I love the cover! What is the publication date?

Sheila A. Nielson said...

As of this moment, it is coming out on July 1, 2010. Thanks for the interest, Rebecca. I hope you will come back and visit often. Love your website, by the way. I've been putting holds on some of the books you reviewed. Loved the ones I've read so far. Keep up the good work.

Rebecca Herman said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, I am glad you like it! I would love the chance to review your book as well if the opportunity comes up, but I know authors don't always get many ARCs for themselves!

Karlene said...

I want to review you on my blog too.

Sheila A. Nielson said...

You got it Karlene.

Sylwia said...

i love the cover artwork. beautiful and mesmerizing!

Raspberry said...

Am SO excited. And I love that I know what it's all about!!!

Tales of Whimsy said...

O
How cool!
I'm reading the Sneak Peak right now.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila,

I saw your book on Goodreads - it looks absolutely amazing.

I know it's not usual for many ARC's to go to authors...however, would you like to visit my blog and see whether I might be able to have one for review when they come out?

www.myflutteringheart.blogspot.com

Otherwise, let me know whether i should direct my enquiry to your publisher. I don't usually ask for ARC's being out here in Australia and all, but I couldn't pass up the possibility of opportunity with a cover like that!

Kind regards,

Aimee

Email:

myflutteringheart@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Oh and P.S. When it comes a bit closer to the release date I'd love to actually interview you on my blog if you're up for it. Get the word out there. Let me know!

-Aimee
www.myflutteringheart.blogspot.com
Email: myflutteringheart@hotmail.com

Sheila A. Nielson said...

Aimee,

I sent you a very nice long email about how much I would LOVE to be interviewed by you on your blog but I think it may have been sucked into cyberspace. If you did not receive an email from me let me know and I'll send it again.


(c) 2010 Sheila A. Nielson

Status Counter

Disclaimer

The ideas and views expressed in this blog reflect only those of Sheila A. Nielson and no other persons, companies, or business entities.